Work Streams Flow Together for Review & Action
The February 2014 Board meeting will be extended in order for the Board to review the work of the first seven months of this process and review the recommendations made by the design studio group. For that retreat, the Board will have the following documentation to review:
- The final report of work stream 1, the data-analysis report
- A report by Elliott Shore on his first year in office that will detail his analysis of the state of the Association and his recommendations for the future
- A presentation by the design studio group of its findings and recommendations
A range of possible outcomes of the Board retreat may include but are not limited to:
- Recommendations that create a fresh articulation of what an academic research library is and define activities that ARL will undertake (that member libraries cannot do themselves or where impact is enhanced by collective focus)
- Recommendations for deep collaboration with higher education associations, national and international libraries/library associations, and other partners
The final strategic framework will be developed, in consultation with the coordinating team.
The spring 2014 Membership Meeting will be devoted to discussions about the planning process and the new strategic plan.