SPEC Kit 333 explores the scale and scope of art and artifact materials held by ARL member libraries, which tools and techniques they currently use to manage these collections, including those used by library staff only and those used to make information about these collections available to the public, and if there is evidence of a convergence of library, archive, and museum practices in the management of these collections. It includes collection development policies, guidelines for arranging materials, and examples of how art and artifact collections are described.
This publication is available for purchase in both online and print versions. Download the spec-kit-purchase-options-2013.pdf for complete pricing and purchase options information.
Link to the online SPEC Kit 333 on the ARL Digital Publications website.
- SPEC Kit 329: Managing Born-Digital Special Collections and Archival Materials (August 2012)
- Research Library Issues, no. 279 (June 2012)
- 21st-Century Collections: Calibration of Investment and Collaborative Action
- Membership Meeting 2012 (Spring): Digital Preservation Network (DPN): An ARL Library Perspective
- Membership Meeting 2012 (Spring): 21st Century Research Library Collections
- Membership Meeting 2012 (Spring): Content & Collections: Rubrics and Rubiks
- Membership Meeting 2012 (Spring): Digital Preservation Network