This SPEC Kit investigates what methods ARL member libraries use to maintain the relevancy of their locally curated digital library collections, and to continue to sustain, grow, capture return on investment, and enhance existing resources through outreach and assessment. The publication also explores current practices for integrating digital resources into the research, teaching, and learning environment. This SPEC Kit includes examples of digital project selection criteria, outreach and assessment guides, assessment reports, marketing plans, lesson plans, job descriptions, and works created with material from digital collections.
This publication is available for purchase in both print and online versions. Download the spec-kit-purchase-options-2014.pdf for complete pricing and purchase options information.
- LibValue: Digitized Special Collections webcast
- SPEC Kit 335: Digital Image Collections and Services (August 2013)
- Strategies to Sustain Digitized Special Collections: Ithaka S+R/ARL Web Seminar Video and Q&A Online
- Building on Strength: Developing an ARL Agenda for Special Collections
- Special Collections Statement of Principles: Research Libraries and the Commitment to Special Collections
- ARL Special Collections Task Force Final Status Report
- Membership Meeting 1999 (Spring): Strategic Issues in Digitization Initiatives in Special Collections