This SPEC Kit investigates what methods ARL member libraries use to maintain the relevancy of their locally curated digital library collections, and to continue to sustain, grow, capture return on investment, and enhance existing resources through outreach and assessment. The publication also explores current practices for integrating digital resources into the research, teaching, and learning environment. This SPEC Kit includes examples of digital project selection criteria, outreach and assessment guides, assessment reports, marketing plans, lesson plans, job descriptions, and works created with material from digital collections.
This publication is available for purchase in both print and online versions. Download the spec-kit-purchase-options-2014.pdf for complete pricing and purchase options information.
- Print Retention Decision Making, SPEC Kit 337, Published by ARL
- SPEC Kit 337: Print Retention Decision Making (October 2013)
- Digital Image Collections and Services, SPEC Kit 335, Published by ARL
- LibValue Webcast on Digitized Special Collections: Video Online
- LibValue: Digitized Special Collections webcast
- SPEC Kit 335: Digital Image Collections and Services (August 2013)
- Appraising our Digital Investment: Sustainability of Digitized Special Collections in ARL Libraries
- ARL and Ithaka S+R Release Findings on Sustainability of Digitized Special Collections
- SPEC Kit 333: Art & Artifact Management (December 2012)