SPEC Kit 305 explores the state of records management in ARL member institutions. The survey results also show which staff manage records and how much time they spend on this activity; how staff are trained; who pays for records management; who makes policy decisions; what types of materials are included; where these materials are stored; procedures for adding and discarding materials; who may retrieve records from storage; and more. This SPEC Kit includes documentation from respondents in the form of records management unit Web pages, policies, retention schedules, job descriptions, transfer, retrieval, and destruction forms, and management of electronic records.
This publication is available for purchase in both online and print versions. Download the spec-kit-purchase-options-2013.pdf for complete pricing and purchase options information.
Link to the online SPEC Kit 305 on the ARL Digital Publications website.
- SPEC Kit 292: Institutional Repositories (July 2006)
- SPEC Kit 291: Spatial Data Collections and Services (December 2005)
- Membership Meeting 2005 (Fall): The Use of Special Collections for Teaching and Learning [meeting summary]
- Membership Meeting 2005 (Fall): Task Force on New Ways of Measuring Collections
- Urgent Action Needed to Preserve Scholarly Electronic Journals
- Sound Savings: Preserving Audio Collections
- Education and Training for Careers in Special Collections: A White Paper Prepared for the Association of Research Libraries Special Collections Task Force
- Membership Meeting 2004 (Fall): Preservation of Research Library Materials Committee Meeting Highlights
- SPEC Kit 284: Security in Special Collections (October 2004)