Edited by Judith Matz • 2004 • ISBN 1-59407-663-4 • 158pp.
In July 2003, many of the key stakeholders in audiovisual preservation met at the University of Texas at Austin to share their experiences and discuss the challenges ahead, specifically in the area of preserving sound recordings. The program featured talks by experts on topics ranging from assessing the preservation needs of audio collections to creating, preserving, and making publicly available digitally reformatted audio recordings. Conference attendees--critical stakeholders of the future of audio preservation--articulated seven areas for future action to move the field effectively forward. In this publication, ARL presents the symposium papers and these recommendations for future action.
Print copies are also available for $45.00 plus shipping & handling.
- SPEC Kit 272: Insuring and Valuing Research Library Collections (December 2002)
- The Changing Nature of Collection Management in Research Libraries
- SPEC Kit 263: Numeric Data Products and Services (August 2001)
- Building on Strength: Developing an ARL Agenda for Special Collections
- SPEC Kit 253: Networked Information Resources (December 1999)
- Membership Meeting 1999 (Spring): Strategic Issues in Digitization Initiatives in Special Collections
- SPEC Kit 236: Electronic Theses and Dissertations (October 1998)
- SPEC Kit 235: Collaborative Collections Management Programs in ARL Libraries (August 1998)
- SPEC Kit 227: Organization of Document Collections and Services (April 1998)