Museums and libraries are taking advantage of advances in technology to move their rare and unique collections online. What most institutions learn quickly is that digitization is the easy part. As grant funding rarely covers ongoing operations, the larger challenge is to develop a successful strategy to make sure the digitized collections remain accessible and relevant over time.
- Florida Folklife Collection
- Biodiversity Heritage Library
- American Antiquarian Society Digital Collections
- How Are Digital Collections Being Sustained? New Evidence-Based Report and Case Studies from ARL and Ithaka S+R Provide Answers
- Searching for Sustainability: Strategies from Eight Digitized Special Collections
- Digital Image Collections and Services, SPEC Kit 335, Published by ARL
- SPEC Kit 335: Digital Image Collections and Services (August 2013)