George J. Soete with Janice Mohlhenrich Lathrop • 2003 • ISBN 0-918006-99-6 • 29 pp.
This publication responds to a need articulated by ARL library directors for a brief non-technical survey of preservation, preservation methods--their appropriate uses, advantages, and disadvantages--and preservation costs. It is intended to provide an overview and to help library administrators in their local planning for preservation and in their communication with preservation specialists.
Print copies are also available for $15.00 plus shipping & handling.
- SPEC Kit 249: Cataloging of Resources Digitized for Preservation (September 1999)
- Membership Meeting 1999 (Spring): Strategic Issues in Digitization Initiatives in Special Collections
- SPEC Kit 228: Preserving Digital Information (December 1997)
- SPEC Kit 214: Digitizing Technologies for Preservation (March 1996)
- Preservation Planning Program Resource Guides
- Preservation Planning Program: An Assisted Self-Study Manual for Libraries
- Collection Conservation Treatment: A Resource Manual for Program Development and Conservation Technician Training