SPEC Kit 329 explores the tools, workflow, and policies special collections and archives staff use to process, manage, and provide access to born-digital materials they collect. It also looks at which staff process and manage born-digital materials and how they acquire the skills they need for these activities, and how libraries have responded to the challenges that managing born-digital materials present. It includes documentation from respondents that describe digital specialists’ job responsibilities, collection policies, gift/purchase agreements, format policies, and workflows.
This publication is available for purchase in both online and print versions. Download the spec-kit-purchase-options-2013.pdf for complete pricing and purchase options information.
Link to the online SPEC Kit 329 on the ARL Digital Publications website.
- SPEC Kit 314: Processing Decisions for Manuscripts & Archives (November 2009)
- Membership Meeting 2009 (Fall): Reaction to: Building on Our Strengths: Opportunities for Special Collections in the Digital Age
- Membership Meeting 2009 (Fall): The Changing Role of Special Collections in Scholarly Communications
- Fall Forum 2009: MetaArchive Cooperative: A Collaborative Model for Digital Preservation
- Fall Forum 2009: Student Research on the University, in the Archives, and in the IR
- Fall Forum 2009: What Changes with Digital Content? Web Archiving
- Fall Forum 2009: Collaboration to Build Cross-Institutional Collections: Ancient Scrolls and Stone Tablets