SPEC Kit 314 examines the current policies and practices for processing manuscript and archival collections in Special Collections. It is organized around four general areas: personnel, job responsibilities and training; processing policies, procedures, and priorities; impacts on processing decisions; and management tools. It includes documentation from respondents in the form of processing policies and procedures, processing worksheets, statistics, and job descriptions.
This publication is available for purchase in both online and print versions. Download the spec-kit-purchase-options-2013.pdf for complete pricing and purchase options information.
Link to the online SPEC Kit 314 on the ARL Digital Publications website.
- Membership Meeting 2009 (Fall): Reaction to: An Age of Discovery: Distinctive Collections in the Digital Age
- Fall Forum 2009: Special Collections at the Cusp of the Digital Age: A Credo
- Membership Meeting 2009 (Fall): The Collaborative Imperative: Special Collections in the Digital Age
- Fall Forum 2009: Special Collections in the Digital Age: Partnerships and Collaboration
- Fall Forum 2009: Integrating Special Collections into the Enterprise: A Case Study of the Yale Center for British Art
- Fall Forum 2009: Existential Archives: Looking for the Value Propositions of Archives and Special Collections
- Fall Forum 2009: What changes with digital?