SPEC Kit 317 examines exhibits, events, instruction, and other activities that are targeted to engage students, faculty, and other scholars/researchers with special collections for research and education. It investigates who coordinates these activities, where they are held, how they are promoted, and how they are evaluated. It includes documentation from respondents in the form of policies and procedures, class request procedures, descriptions of class assignments and resources, job descriptions, and exhibit and event promotional methods.
This publication is available for purchase in both online and print versions. Download the spec-kit-purchase-options-2013.pdf for complete pricing and purchase options information.
Link to the online SPEC Kit 317 on the ARL Digital Publications website.
- Fall Forum 2009: MetaArchive Cooperative: A Collaborative Model for Digital Preservation
- Fall Forum 2009: Student Research on the University, in the Archives, and in the IR
- Fall Forum 2009: What Changes with Digital Content? Web Archiving
- Fall Forum 2009: Collaboration to Build Cross-Institutional Collections: Ancient Scrolls and Stone Tablets
- Fall Forum 2009: Archives, Undergraduates, and Active Learning: Case Studies from Yale University Library
- Membership Meeting 2009 (Fall): Reaction to: An Age of Discovery: Distinctive Collections in the Digital Age
- Fall Forum 2009: Special Collections at the Cusp of the Digital Age: A Credo