The Association of Research Libraries (ARL) has been awarded $50,000 from the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation to help develop the proposed SHared Access Research Ecosystem (SHARE). SHARE is a joint initiative of ARL, the Association of American Universities (AAU), and the Association of Public and Land-grant Universities (APLU) to collaboratively build a cross-institutional coordination framework for the long-term management and preservation of—and expansion of access to—the results of academic research. The initiative was made urgent by the February 22, 2013, memorandum from the US Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) directing federal agencies to develop draft plans for the public deposit of research articles and data sets associated with federal funding.
- Article-Level Metrics Primer Released by SPARC
- ARL Releases RLI 282 on Library Budgets, Journal Bundles, Reference Staffing
- Research Library Issues, no. 282 (2013)
- Research Library Issues, no. 280 (Sept. 2012)
- ARL Releases RLI 280 on OERs, E-Book Licensing, Research Library Trends
- ARL Sponsors Accelerating Science Award Program (ASAP)
- Introduction to Opportunity Assessment Instrument