SHARE (SHared Access Research Ecosystem) and the Center for Open Science (COS), a Charlottesville, Virginia–based nonprofit technology start-up, have agreed to form a partnership to build the SHARE Notification Service, which will provide notice that research is available to the public.
SHARE is a collaborative initiative of the Association of Research Libraries (ARL), the Association of American Universities (AAU), and the Association of Public and Land-grant Universities (APLU), created to ensure the preservation of, access to, and reuse of research results. The Notification Service, to be built over the next 18 months, is SHARE’s first project.
- ARL to Host ACLS Fellow in Scholarly Publishing—Apply by March 19
- U Montréal Cancels Subscriptions to 76% of Serials in Wiley Online Library
- Press-Library Collaborations Explored in AAUP Report
- SPEC Kit 338: Library Management of Disciplinary Repositories (November 2013)
- ARL Releases RLI 284 on Digital Humanities, Library Space Assessment
- Research Library Issues, no. 284 (2013)
- SCOAP3 Open Access Publishing Initiative to Launch January 1