The Association of Research Libraries (ARL) has named Rikk Mulligan program officer for scholarly publishing, effective July 14, 2014. His two-year fellowship position has been funded by the American Council of Learned Societies (ACLS) through their Public Fellows Program.
In this position, Mulligan will work with a joint task force of ARL and the Association of American Universities (AAU) to promote the use of the enhanced capabilities of digital technology to move the academy towards new, sustainable, affordable, innovative forms of scholarship. He will assist the initiation and development of the ARL/AAU task force work within ARL member libraries and facilitate the task force’s consultations with key sectors of higher education. Mulligan will also work on other collaborative scholarly communication activities with the academy.
- SHARE Notification System Project Plan
- ARL to Host ACLS Fellow in Scholarly Publishing—Apply by March 19
- U Montréal Cancels Subscriptions to 76% of Serials in Wiley Online Library
- Press-Library Collaborations Explored in AAUP Report
- SPEC Kit 338: Library Management of Disciplinary Repositories (November 2013)
- ARL Releases RLI 284 on Digital Humanities, Library Space Assessment
- Research Library Issues, no. 284 (2013)