On March 24, 2014, ARL, SPARC, and 14 other organizations sent a letter (PDF) to Chairman Smith (R-TX) and Representative Johnson (D-TX) urging them to modify the Frontiers in Innovation Research, Science, and Technology (FIRST) Act of 2014 (H.R. 4186), which reauthorizes parts of the America COMPETES Act. The bill includes many deeply problematic provisions relating to the National Science Foundation (NSF) and also includes restricted provisions for public access to research results.
- SHared Access Research Ecosystem (SHARE) Proposal
- Research Library Issues, no. 282 (2013)
- ARL to Host ACLS Fellow in Scholarly Publishing—Apply by March 19
- Introduction to Opportunity Assessment Instrument
- Increasing the Effectiveness of Your Scholarly Communications Program Workshop Presentation Slides
- ARL Releases RLI 284 on Digital Humanities, Library Space Assessment
- Increasing the Effectiveness of Your Scholarly Communications Program Workshop Handout 2