This SPEC Kit examines the ways in which research libraries are involved in the administration of disciplinary repositories. It explores the disciplinary scope of the repository, collection policies, funding models, assessment practices, and staffing, among other information. The SPEC Kit presents case studies of 12 disciplinary repositories that are managed entirely or in part by a library and includes examples of web pages for each one that describe the repository content, features, policies, organizational structure, and how to submit resources
This publication is available for purchase in both print and online versions. Download the spec-kit-purchase-options-2013.pdf for complete pricing and purchase options information.
Link to the online SPEC Kit 338 on the ARL Digital Publications website.
- Fall Forum 2013: Facilitating New Forms of Discovery
- SCOAP3 Deadline for Participation Drawing Near
- ASAP Award Recipients Announced
- Sloan Foundation Awards ARL Grant to Develop SHARE for Access to Publicly Funded Research
- SHARE Tenets and Overview
- PLOS Announces Finalists for Accelerating Science Award Program
- Register Now for ARL Fall Forum: Mobilizing the Research Enterprise
- Higher Ed Associations Form Joint Steering Group to Build Federated System for Publicly Funded Research
- Library and Repository Communities Join Together to Identify New Competencies for Academic Librarians