In 2009 the Association of Research Libraries is renewing its strategic plan. The plan that will result from this effort will guide the Association in setting priorities and organizing its activities for the next several years, a time that is expected to present unprecedented challenges and concomitant opportunities to research libraries. To support the work of the Strategic Planning Task Force, ARL senior staff have initiated an environmental scanning exercise to identify trends that are likely to affect research libraries and the work of the Association. The report considers not only challenges, but also opportunities.
- Membership Meeting 2007 (Fall): Scholarly Publishing Initiatives in ARL Libraries: a Penn State Perspective
- SPEC Kit 301: Liaison Services (October 2007)
- ARL: A Bimonthly Report 252/253 (Jun./Aug. 2007)
- SPEC Kit 299: Scholarly Communication Education Initiatives (August 2007)
- The Humanist: "Dances with Wolves" or "Bowls Alone"?
- Scholarly Tribes and Tribulations: How Tradition and Technology Are Driving Disciplinary Change [annotated bibliography]
- Global Changes in Scholarly Communication
- Membership Meeting 2007 (Spring): Outreach Strategies for Campus Conversations on Access to Federally Funded Research [session description]
- Issues in Scholarly Communication: Discussion Leader's Guide: The Changing Roles of Scholarly Societies in Knowledge Exchange