ARL today released Transforming Liaison Roles in Research Libraries, the third report in the New Roles for New Times series. This series highlights the transformation of the library workforce to address new challenges for research libraries in serving 21st-century students, educators, schools, and researchers.
The new report, written by Janice M. Jaguszewski from University of Minnesota Libraries and Karen Williams from University of Arizona Libraries, presents findings from interviews and other research into current trends in liaison librarianship, surfacing several challenges to the established, overarching liaison structure.
- ARL Releases RLI 282 on Library Budgets, Journal Bundles, Reference Staffing
- Research Library Issues, no. 282 (2013)
- Better Salaries through Better Data: Webcast Video Online
- Mark Puente Responds to LJ Editorial on Diversity Recruitment
- Using ARL Salary Data to Make the Case for Higher Salaries webcast
- Initiative to Recruit a Diverse Workforce Call for Applications—Deadline June 14, 2013
- ARL Membership Meeting Spring 2013 Slides Available Online