The MLS and the Race Line": Mr. Kelley provides some interesting and provocative comments about the effectiveness of diversity recruitment programs such as the collaboration between the Association of Research Libraries (ARL) and the Society of American Archivists (SAA) recently funded by IMLS. But as previous commenters have pointed out to him, no one strategy is going to be effective for every recruit and a variety of approaches should be used. ARL’s approach should be seen within a larger context of attempts to ameliorate this vexing problem.ARL's director of diversity and leadership programs, Mark A. Puente, submitted the following comments to Library Journal (LJ) in response to the May 23 editorial by Michael Kelley, "
- SPEC Kit 252: Library Support Staff Position Classification Studies (October 1999)
- ARL Research Library Leadership Fellows Sponsors Selected for 2013-2015
- ARL and Society of American Archivists Awarded IMLS Grant for Mosaic Program
- SPEC Kit 239: Mentoring Programs in ARL Libraries (March 1999)
- SPEC Kit 323: Socializing New Hires (August 2011)
- SPEC Kit 320: Core Benefits (November 2010)
- SPEC Kit 315: Leave and Professional Development Benefits (December 2009)