Members of the ARL Committee on Diversity and Leadership have selected 13 master of library and information science (MLIS) students to participate in the 2014–2016 Initiative to Recruit a Diverse Workforce (IRDW) as ARL Diversity Scholars.
Underwritten by ARL member libraries, the Initiative to Recruit a Diverse Workforce offers numerous financial benefits to program participants as well as leadership development provided through the annual ARL Leadership Symposium, a formal mentoring program, career placement assistance, and an ARL research library visit. This program reflects the commitment of ARL members to create a diverse research library professional community that will better meet the challenges of changing demographics in higher education and the emphasis on global perspectives in the academy.
- ARL/DLF Forum Fellowships for Underrepresented Groups—Deadline Extended to July 17
- ARL/MLA Diversity and Inclusion Initiative 2014–2016 Participants Chosen
- Analyzing Age and Race/Ethnicity Demographics webcast
- ARL/DLF Forum Fellowships for Underrepresented Groups—Apply by July 14
- ARL Annual Salary Survey 2013–2014 Reports Data on 13,900 Staff in ARL Libraries
- Workforce Transformation Stories: ARL Launches Monthly Column
- ARL/SAA Mosaic Program Call for Applications—Deadline August 23, 2013