SPEC Kit 293 explores the policies and procedures that ARL member libraries use in the external review process for candidates who are eligible for promotion, tenure, or continuing appointment. It examines how external reviewers are identified and asked to participate in the review process, what instructions are given to reviewers, what materials are included in candidates’ portfolios, and the criteria for evaluating candidates’ portfolios, among other questions. It includes documentation from respondents for external review procedures and innstructions to external reviewers.
This publication is available for purchase in both online and print versions. Download the spec-kit-purchase-options-2013.pdf for complete pricing and purchase options information.
Link to the online SPEC Kit 293 on the ARL Digital Publications website.
- Membership Meeting 2003 (Fall): Opportunities for Support Staff: A Report on Recommendations from the 3rd Congress on Professional Education [session description]
- Membership Meeting 2003 (Fall): ARL Members Discuss "Opportunities for Support Staff: A Report on Recommendations from the 3rd Congress on Professional Education"
- SPEC Kit 276: Recruitment and Retention (September 2003)
- ARL Annual Salary Survey 2002-2003
- SPEC Kit 271: Library Systems Office Organization (November 2002)
- SPEC Kit 270: Core Competencies (October 2002)
- ARL Annual Salary Survey 2001-2002
- SPEC Kit 266: Staffing the Library Website (November 2001)
- ARL Annual Salary Survey 2000-2001