SPEC Kit 302 explores the management of library public computing, i.e., those computers that are located in public spaces for use by patrons, as distinct from staff computers and servers. By jointly looking at the scale of the public computing operations, the staffing and organizational structure, budgets, upgrades, maintenance, security, polices, and assessment, the survey pulls together and expands on issues covered in several previous SPEC Kits. It includes documentation from respondents in the form of job descriptions, public computing policies and procedures, and organization charts.
This publication is available for purchase in both online and print versions. Download the spec-kit-purchase-options-2013.pdf for complete pricing and purchase options information.
Link to the online SPEC Kit 302 on the ARL Digital Publications website.
- SPEC Kit 283: Grant Coordination (September 2004)
- ARL Annual Salary Survey 2003-2004
- Demographic Change in Academic Librarianship
- Membership Meeting 2003 (Fall): Opportunities for Support Staff: A Report on Recommendations from the 3rd Congress on Professional Education [session description]
- Membership Meeting 2003 (Fall): ARL Members Discuss "Opportunities for Support Staff: A Report on Recommendations from the 3rd Congress on Professional Education"
- SPEC Kit 276: Recruitment and Retention (September 2003)
- ARL Annual Salary Survey 2002-2003
- SPEC Kit 271: Library Systems Office Organization (November 2002)
- SPEC Kit 270: Core Competencies (October 2002)