SPEC Kit 324 explores the trends, practices, and challenges in collecting global resources in North American research libraries at a time of political and economic change, on the one hand, and of significant change in scholarly communication and collection management strategies, on the other. It covers global resources collections (including an overview of expenditures, collecting trends, sources of funding, and acquisition strategies), staff and organizational structure, preservation strategies, and discovery, public service, and outreach. It includes documentation from respondents that describes print and digital global collections, collection development policies, examples of research guides, and organization charts.
This publication is available for purchase in both online and print versions. Download the spec-kit-purchase-options-2013.pdf for complete pricing and purchase options information.
Link to the online SPEC Kit 324 on the ARL Digital Publications website.
- SPEC Kit 322: Library User Experience (July 2011)
- Letter to Richard J. Durbin re: Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors Act (DREAM Act) (Jun. 27, 2011)
- Research Library Issues, no. 275 (June 2011): Report of the Task Force on International Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery Practices
- Letter to Nancy Robertson re: FDLP memorandum of agreement between the University of Minnesota Libraries and the Library of Michigan (Jun. 10, 2011)
- Living the Future: Organizational Performance Assessment
- ARL Statistics 2008-2009
- ARL Academic Law Library Statistics 2008-2009
- ARL Academic Health Sciences Library Statistics 2008-2009
- Library Copyright Alliance Statement on Copyright Reform