This survey was a joint initiative between SCONUL and ARL that focused on assessment activities in UK and Irish academic institutions, and reflects a SCONUL desire to provide tools, techniques, and data for performance measurement and improvement through its Working Group on Performance Improvement. The survey was distributed to the 180 members of SCONUL in September 2008. Seventy-seven libraries completed the survey. All of the libraries that responded indicated that they engaged in various performance measurement activities beyond the annual collection of data for SCONUL.
Print copies are also available for $45.00 plus shipping & handling.
- A Guide for the Perplexed: Libraries and the Google Library Project Settlement
- ARL Statement to Scholarly Publishers on the Global Economic Crisis
- Issue Brief: Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act (CALEA)
- Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act (“Calea”) and Private Networks in Academia
- Fall Forum 2006: Rights Management for Public Access: Engaging and Supporting Faculty at MIT
- Fall Forum 2006: Universities Rethink Publishing
- Membership Meeting 2007 (Spring): Strategies for Library Support of Research: Bioinformatics as a Model [session description]