George J. Soete with Janice Mohlhenrich Lathrop • 2003 • ISBN 0-918006-99-6 • 29 pp.
This publication responds to a need articulated by ARL library directors for a brief non-technical survey of preservation, preservation methods--their appropriate uses, advantages, and disadvantages--and preservation costs. It is intended to provide an overview and to help library administrators in their local planning for preservation and in their communication with preservation specialists.
Print copies are also available for $15.00 plus shipping & handling.
- SPEC Kit 232: Use of Teams in ARL Libraries (July 1998)
- SPEC Kit 231: Customer Service Programs in ARL Libraries (May 1998)
- SPEC Kit 229: Evaluating Academic Library Directors (May 1998)
- SPEC Kit 228: Preserving Digital Information (December 1997)
- SPEC Kit 223: Electronic Scholarly Publication (June 1997)
- SPEC Kit 219: Geographic Information Systems (March 1997)
- SPEC Kit 217: Electronic Reserves (October 1996)