On July 8, 2013, ARL, along with 22 other good-government groups, sent this letter to the US Department of Justice urging Attorney General Eric Holder to make public any reports by Inspector General Michael Horowitz regarding the collection of Americans’ telephone records under Section 215 of the USA PATRIOT Act. If the Office of the Inspector General has not previously conducted a full review of this program, the letter asks it to do so.
- Sequestration and Nondefense Discretionary (NDD) Programs Letter (July 12, 2012)
- Letter to Sunstein Regarding Federal Participation in the Development and Use of Voluntary Consensus Standards and in Conformity Assessment Activities (Apr. 30, 2012)
- Letter Urging Representatives to Vote ‘No’ on H.R. 3523, the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act of 2011 (CISPA) (Apr. 16, 2012)
- Letter to Paul Broun re: Hearing on Public Access and Scholarly Publication Interests (Mar. 29, 2012)
- Letter to House Oversight and Government Reform Committee re: H.R. 3699, The Research Works Act (Jan. 24, 2012)
- Letter to Michael F. Doyle re: H.R. 4004, “The Federal Research Public Access Act” (Feb. 14, 2012)
- Letter to John Cornyn re: S. 2096, “The Federal Research Public Access Act” (Feb. 14, 2012)