On July 8, 2013, ARL, together with 19 other privacy and civil liberties groups, sent this letter to the Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board (PCLOB), calling on the PCLOB to author a public report about surveillance authorities and risks to civil liberties. The coalition sent the letter in advance of the PCLOB's first-ever public workshop, held July 9, to discuss the National Security Agency (NSA) surveillance programs that collect phone records and monitor Internet traffic.
- Letter to Sunstein Regarding Federal Participation in the Development and Use of Voluntary Consensus Standards and in Conformity Assessment Activities (Apr. 30, 2012)
- Letter Urging Representatives to Vote ‘No’ on H.R. 3523, the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act of 2011 (CISPA) (Apr. 16, 2012)
- Letter to Paul Broun re: Hearing on Public Access and Scholarly Publication Interests (Mar. 29, 2012)
- Letter to House Oversight and Government Reform Committee re: H.R. 3699, The Research Works Act (Jan. 24, 2012)
- Letter to Michael F. Doyle re: H.R. 4004, “The Federal Research Public Access Act” (Feb. 14, 2012)
- Letter to John Cornyn re: S. 2096, “The Federal Research Public Access Act” (Feb. 14, 2012)
- Letter to House Oversight and Government Reform Committee re: H.R. 3699, the Research Works Act (Feb. 24, 2012)