We the undersigned organizations urge you to vote "no" on H.R. 3523, the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act of 2011 (CISPA). We are gravely concerned that this bill will allow companies that hold very sensitive and personal information to liberally share it with the government, which could then use the information without meaningful oversight for purposes unrelated to cybersecurity.
- Letter to Nancy Pelosi re: Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) (Oct. 4, 2007)
- Letter to Senate Committee on the Judiciary re: Judiciously Using Surveillance Tools In Counterterrorism Efforts (JUSTICE) Act (Sept. 30, 2009)
- Letter to Senators re: Judiciously Using Surveillance Tools In Counterterrorism Efforts (JUSTICE) Act (Sept. 23, 2009)
- Law Professors' Letter on Section 104 Report
- Letter to Lamar Smith and John Conyers re: Hearing on Competition and Commerce in Digital Books (Sept. 4, 2009)
- Letter to Jim Sensenbrenner, Jr. and W.J. Tauzin re: H.R. 3261, "Database and Collections of Information Misappropriation Act" (Jan. 15, 2004)
- Letter to Patrick J. Leahy re: Judiciary Committee Amendments to the FISA Amendments Act of 2007 (Dec. 4, 2007)