This report includes a thorough content analysis of narrative descriptions of research libraries at the end of the first decade of the 21st century. The profile analysis has engaged qualitative methods to describe research libraries that complement the annual quantitative ARL Statistics®. The contextual information provided in this report documents the importance of the public good research libraries provide in an increasingly globalized environment by making their services more readily available; they are becoming an integral part not only of the physical but also the virtual academic experience in addition to setting standards and exploring best practices with national and international visibility, among other things.
A PDF of the report is available here arl-profiles-report-2010.pdf
Seven other PDFs of appendices, examples, and additional material are also on this website.
Print copies of the report are available for $20.00 plus shipping & handling.
- GBS March Madness: Paths Forward for the Google Books Settlement
- Publishing Support for Small Print-Based Publishers: Options for ARL Libraries
- Code of Best Practices in Fair Use for Academic Libraries
- MINES for Libraries Final Report
- Transforming Special Collections in the Digital Age Working Group
- Preparing for the Future Scenario Planning Process: Findings from Internal Data Gathering
- ARL Profiles: Emerging Themes