SPEC Kit 312 explores the ways in which traditional “outreach” programs in academic libraries are evolving to address the emergent concept of “public engagement” at the institutional level and the degree to which the library is integrated into campus-level efforts to promote public engagement. It includes documentation from respondents in the form of mission statements, descriptions of library engagement programs, examples of awards program, scholarship of engagement information, and job descriptions.
This publication is available for purchase in both online and print versions. Download the spec-kit-purchase-options-2013.pdf for complete pricing and purchase options information.
Link to the online SPEC Kit 312 on the ARL Digital Publications website.
- SPEC Kit 304: Social Software in Libraries (July 2008)
- SPEC Kit 303: Library Assessment (December 2007)
- SPEC Kit 302: Managing Public Computing (November 2007)
- SPEC Kit 301: Liaison Services (October 2007)
- SPEC Kit 300: Open Access Resources (September 2007)
- SPEC Kit 299: Scholarly Communication Education Initiatives (August 2007)
- SPEC Kit 298: Metadata (July 2007)