SPEC Kit 314 examines the current policies and practices for processing manuscript and archival collections in Special Collections. It is organized around four general areas: personnel, job responsibilities and training; processing policies, procedures, and priorities; impacts on processing decisions; and management tools. It includes documentation from respondents in the form of processing policies and procedures, processing worksheets, statistics, and job descriptions.
This publication is available for purchase in both online and print versions. Download the spec-kit-purchase-options-2013.pdf for complete pricing and purchase options information.
Link to the online SPEC Kit 314 on the ARL Digital Publications website.
- SPEC Kit 306: Promoting the Library (September 2008)
- SPEC Kit 305: Records Management (August 2008)
- SPEC Kit 304: Social Software in Libraries (July 2008)
- SPEC Kit 303: Library Assessment (December 2007)
- SPEC Kit 302: Managing Public Computing (November 2007)
- SPEC Kit 301: Liaison Services (October 2007)
- SPEC Kit 300: Open Access Resources (September 2007)