SPEC Kit 306 explores what promotional activities and objectives research libraries are pursuing, who organizes them, how are they evaluated, and what challenges they face. The survey results show which skills these staff need; how they decide which promotional activities to pursue; what their objectives are; how the activities are funded; and more. Descriptions of a wide variety of activities are included, as well. This SPEC Kit includes documentation from respondents in the form of marketing plans, job descriptions, and promotional materials.
This publication is available for purchase in both online and print versions. Download the spec-kit-purchase-options-2013.pdf for complete pricing and purchase options information.
Link to the online SPEC Kit 306 on the ARL Digital Publications website.
- SPEC Kit 298: Metadata (July 2007)
- SPEC Kit 297: Library Development (December 2006)
- SPEC Kit 296: Public Services in Special Collections (November 2006)
- SPEC Kit 295: Remote Shelving Services (October 2006)
- SPEC Kit 294: Managing Digitization Activities (September 2006)
- SPEC Kit 293: External Review for Promotion and Tenure (August 2006)
- SPEC Kit 292: Institutional Repositories (July 2006)