SPEC Kit 298 investigates how metadata is implemented in ARL member libraries: which staff are creating metadata and for what kinds of digital objects, what schemas and tools they use to create and manage metadata, what skills metadata staff need and how they acquire them, and the organizational changes and challenges that metadata has brought to libraries. It includes documentation from respondents in the form of mission statements, organization charts, job descriptions, and policies.
This publication is available for purchase in both online and print versions. Download the spec-kit-purchase-options-2013.pdf for complete pricing and purchase options information.
Link to the online SPEC Kit 298 on the ARL Digital Publications website.
- SPEC Kit 290: Access Services (November 2005)
- SPEC Kit 289: Managing Large Projects (October 2005)
- SPEC Kit 288: Scanning Services for Library Users (September 2005)
- SPEC Kit 287: Instructional Improvement Programs (August 2005)
- SPEC Kit 286: Collaboration for Distance Learning Information Literacy Instruction (July 2005)
- SPEC Kit 285: Library Services in Non-Library Spaces (November 2004)
- SPEC Kit 284: Security in Special Collections (October 2004)