SPEC Kit 296 explores public service staffing, reference and public services offered, methods of patron access, types of intellectual access tools used, patron registration, the reference interview process, and public service evaluation and promotion methodsin Special Collections. In addition, respondents were asked to comment on significant changes in reference and public services in the last few years, particularly those related to outreach, instruction, and learning. It includes documentation from respondents in the form of service policies, patron registration forms, job descriptions, and service prices.
This publication is available for purchase in both online and print versions. Download the spec-kit-purchase-options-2013.pdf for complete pricing and purchase options information.
Link to the online SPEC Kit 296 on the ARL Digital Publications website.
- SPEC Kit 288: Scanning Services for Library Users (September 2005)
- SPEC Kit 287: Instructional Improvement Programs (August 2005)
- SPEC Kit 286: Collaboration for Distance Learning Information Literacy Instruction (July 2005)
- SPEC Kit 285: Library Services in Non-Library Spaces (November 2004)
- SPEC Kit 284: Security in Special Collections (October 2004)
- SPEC Kit 283: Grant Coordination (September 2004)
- SPEC Kit 282: Managing Electronic Resources (August 2004)