SPEC Kit 319 explores what progress has been made in ARL member libraries to recruit and retain a diverse workforce; the strategies they use to increase the number of ethnically/culturally diverse librarians in the profession and in their libraries; the elements of programs that successfully support an inclusive workplace; the people, groups, and/or committees responsible for overseeing the programs; and how libraries are assessing the effectiveness and success of such programs. It includes documentation from respondents in the form of diversity statements, diversity plans, and descriptions of diversity and recruitment programs.
This publication is available for purchase in both online and print versions. Download the spec-kit-purchase-options-2013.pdf for complete pricing and purchase options information.
Link to the online SPEC Kit 319
- SPEC Kit 311: Public Access Policies (August 2009)
- SPEC Kit 309: Library Support for Study Abroad (December 2008)
- SPEC Kit 237: Managing Food and Drink in ARL Libraries (September 1998)
- SPEC Kit 238: The ARL Geographic Information Systems Literacy Project (March 1999)
- SPEC Kit 236: Electronic Theses and Dissertations (October 1998)
- SPEC Kit 235: Collaborative Collections Management Programs in ARL Libraries (August 1998)
- SPEC Kit 233: The Role of ARL Libraries in Extension/Outreach (August 1998)