SPEC Kit 314 examines the current policies and practices for processing manuscript and archival collections in Special Collections. It is organized around four general areas: personnel, job responsibilities and training; processing policies, procedures, and priorities; impacts on processing decisions; and management tools. It includes documentation from respondents in the form of processing policies and procedures, processing worksheets, statistics, and job descriptions.
This publication is available for purchase in both online and print versions. Download the spec-kit-purchase-options-2013.pdf for complete pricing and purchase options information.
Link to the online SPEC Kit 314 on the ARL Digital Publications website.
- SPEC Kit 236: Electronic Theses and Dissertations (October 1998)
- SPEC Kit 235: Collaborative Collections Management Programs in ARL Libraries (August 1998)
- SPEC Kit 233: The Role of ARL Libraries in Extension/Outreach (August 1998)
- SPEC Kit 234: Distance Learning (September 1998)
- SPEC Kit 232: Use of Teams in ARL Libraries (July 1998)
- SPEC Kit 230: Affirmative Action in ARL Libraries (June 1998)
- SPEC Kit 231: Customer Service Programs in ARL Libraries (May 1998)