SPEC Kit 316 re-examines the ways in which ARL member libraries have (re)structured themselves to identify the availability of new e-resources in the market; evaluate them as candidates for acquisition; decide to acquire/purchase the e-resources; evaluate them prior to their renewal to determine their continued utility; and publicize or market the new e-resources. Nearly identical questions were posed regarding purchases/licensing by consortia and by individual libraries, enabling comparisons in process to be made. This SPEC Kit includes documentation from respondents in the form of e-resource selection policies, e-resource request and evaluation procedures, descriptions of library and consortia e-resource selectors, job descriptions, and promotional methods.
This publication is available for purchase in both online and print versions. Download the spec-kit-purchase-options-2013.pdf for complete pricing and purchase options information.
Link to the online SPEC Kit 316 on the ARL Digital Publications website.
- SPEC Kit 306: Promoting the Library (September 2008)
- SPEC Kit 305: Records Management (August 2008)
- SPEC Kit 304: Social Software in Libraries (July 2008)
- SPEC Kit 303: Library Assessment (December 2007)
- SPEC Kit 302: Managing Public Computing (November 2007)
- SPEC Kit 301: Liaison Services (October 2007)
- SPEC Kit 300: Open Access Resources (September 2007)
- SPEC Kit 299: Scholarly Communication Education Initiatives (August 2007)
- SPEC Kit 298: Metadata (July 2007)