SPEC Kit 294 investigates the purposes of ARL member libraries’ digitization efforts, the organizational structures these libraries use to manage digital initiatives, whether and how staff have been reassigned to support digitization activities, where funding to sustain digital activities originated and how that funding is allocated, how priorities are determined, whether libraries are outsourcing any digitization work, and how the success of libraries’ digital activities has been assessed. It includes documentation from respondents in the form of organization charts, mission statements, job descriptions, policies and procedures, and selection criteria.
This publication is available for purchase in both online and print versions. Download the spec-kit-purchase-options-2013.pdf for complete pricing and purchase options information.
Link to the online SPEC Kit 294 on the ARL Digital Publications website.
- SPEC Kit 284: Security in Special Collections (October 2004)
- SPEC Kit 283: Grant Coordination (September 2004)
- SPEC Kit 282: Managing Electronic Resources (August 2004)
- SPEC Kit 281: The Information Commons (July 2004)
- SPEC Kit 280: Library User Surveys (June 2004)
- SPEC Kit 279: Evaluating Library Instruction (December 2003)
- SPEC Kit 278: Library Patron Privacy (November 2003)
- SPEC Kit 277: Library Public Access Workstation Authentication (October 2003)n
- SPEC Kit 276: Recruitment and Retention (September 2003)