SPEC Kit 293 explores the policies and procedures that ARL member libraries use in the external review process for candidates who are eligible for promotion, tenure, or continuing appointment. It examines how external reviewers are identified and asked to participate in the review process, what instructions are given to reviewers, what materials are included in candidates’ portfolios, and the criteria for evaluating candidates’ portfolios, among other questions. It includes documentation from respondents for external review procedures and innstructions to external reviewers.
This publication is available for purchase in both online and print versions. Download the spec-kit-purchase-options-2013.pdf for complete pricing and purchase options information.
Link to the online SPEC Kit 293 on the ARL Digital Publications website.
- SPEC Kit 283: Grant Coordination (September 2004)
- SPEC Kit 282: Managing Electronic Resources (August 2004)
- SPEC Kit 281: The Information Commons (July 2004)
- SPEC Kit 280: Library User Surveys (June 2004)
- SPEC Kit 279: Evaluating Library Instruction (December 2003)
- SPEC Kit 278: Library Patron Privacy (November 2003)
- SPEC Kit 277: Library Public Access Workstation Authentication (October 2003)n
- SPEC Kit 276: Recruitment and Retention (September 2003)
- SPEC Kit 275: Laptop Computer Services (August 2003)