The Association of Research Libraries (ARL) endorsed the recommendations made in the report, “E-Journal Archiving Metes and Bounds: A Survey of the Landscape,” written by Anne R. Kenney, Richard Entlich, Peter B. Hirtle, Nancy Y. McGovern, and Ellie L. Buckley, and published in 2006 by the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR). The ARL Board endorsed the recommendations in the CLIR report at its February 8–9, 2007, meeting in Washington, DC. This statement was released on February 14, 2007.
- Library Community Opposes Bill to Restrict Access to Data [press release]
- How “Patriot Act 2” Would Further Erode the Basic Checks on Government Power That Keep America Safe and Free
- Special Collections Statement of Principles: Research Libraries and the Commitment to Special Collections
- The Responsibility of Research Libraries for Preservation
- Library Community Statement on Freedom of Speech and Access to Information
- Principles for Emerging Systems of Scholarly Publishing (a.k.a. the Tempe Principles)
- Statement of Patricia A. Wand before the Subcommittee on Legislative, House Committee on Appropriations on the FY 2001 Appropriations for the Library of Congress.