This SPEC Kit investigates the current state of both innovation and R&D in research library organizations. It examines what outward-facing commitments libraries have made to innovation and R&D, and what foundations are in place to support these activities. It asked who is involved in innovative activities, how libraries organize themselves to create, support, and sustain innovation, and how they measure the resulting outcomes. It also collected data on which research libraries support R&D, at what level, for what purposes, and how these activities are organized, funded, and assessed. The SPEC Kit includes examples of strategic plans and other documents that describe library support for innovation and research and development activities, organization charts, descriptions of research awards, and job descriptions of staff responsible for innovation and R&D.
This publication is available for purchase in both print and online versions. Download the spec-kit-purchase-options-2013.pdf for complete pricing and purchase options information.
Link to the online SPEC Kit 339 on the ARL Digital Publications website.
- Fall Forum 2011: The World According to American Social Science
- Fall Forum 2011: Scholarship and Scholarly Resources in the 21st Century
- Membership Meeting 2011 (Fall): Expanding capacity and partnerships through authenticity and trust
- Membership Meeting 2011 (Fall): HathiTrust: A Shared Digital Repository
- Membership Meeting 2011 (Spring): The Western Regional Storage Trust (West) Distributed Print Journal Repository Program
- Membership Meeting 2011 (Spring): Shared Print Repositories - Planning and Implementation Phases
- Membership Meeting 2011 (Spring): Strategic Partnerships to Reshape Scholarly Communication
- Membership Meeting 2011 (Spring): Transcending National Borders (Welcoming Remarks)
- Membership Meeting 2011 (Spring): Planning for the CIC Shared Storage Repository