This statement is submitted on behalf of the Association of Research Libraries (ARL) in response to the request by the Library of Congress for comments in support of a study on the current state of recorded sound preservation in the United States. Sound recordings are a critically important part of our Nation's cultural and educational landscape. As a consequence, the scope of these collections within the ARL community is significant and diverse. Unfortunately, these collections are also in various stages of risk.
- Briefing: Success of Fair Use Codes of Best Practices
- Briefing: Copyright Education, Academic Integrity Codes, and Fair Use
- Briefing: Demystifying Technical Protection Measures (TPMs) in the Library
- Briefing: The Cost of Conservatism to Academic and Research Librarians’ Mission
- Briefing: Accessibility, the Chafee Amendment, and Fair Use