On November 13, 2013, the Library Copyright Alliance (LCA), of which ARL is a member, provided these comments on a number of issues raised in the recent US Department of Commerce “green paper” on Copyright Policy, Creativity, and Innovation in the Digital Economy. LCA commented on issues relating to statutory damages, online licensing, collective rights organizations, and contractual restrictions on copyright exceptions.
- ARL's Brandon Butler Discusses MOOCs, Copyright, and Libraries
- Library Copyright Alliance Comments on Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership
- Library Copyright Alliance Supports Georgia State University in Amicus Brief
- Letter from US Department of Justice Declining to File Amicus Brief in Cambridge University Press v. Mark Becker (Feb. 22, 2013)
- Motion by US Department of Justice to Extend Time in Which to File Amicus Brief in Cambridge University Press v. Mark Becker
- Briefing: Success of Fair Use Codes of Best Practices
- Briefing: Copyright Education, Academic Integrity Codes, and Fair Use