This is a code of best practices in fair use devised specifically by and for the academic and research library community. It enhances the ability of librarians to rely on fair use by documenting the considered views of the library community about best practices in fair use, drawn from the actual practices and experience of the library community itself.
A PDF is available here code-of-best-practices-fair-use.pdf
Print copies are also available for $2.00 each plus shipping & handling. Order from ARL Publications.
- Fair Use Challenges in Academic and Research Libraries
- GSU Fair Use Order
- Research Library Issues, no. 266 (Oct. 2009)
- Performance of or Showing Films in the Classroom
- Letter to Rob Kasunic re: August 21 Supplemental Questions to DVD-Related Hearing Panelists (Sept. 8, 2009)
- Balanced Copyright Preserves the Right to Innovate
- Salinger v. Colting: Amicus Brief