amicus brief (PDF) in support of HathiTrust and its partners as they defend their district court victory on appeal in the Second Circuit. LCA consists of three major library associations—the American Library Association, ARL, and the Association of College and Research Libraries—that collectively represent over 300,000 information professionals and thousands of libraries of all kinds throughout the US and Canada.On June 3, the Library Copyright Alliance (LCA) filed an
- Membership Meeting 2011 (Fall): Undue Diligence
- Membership Meeting 2010 (Fall): Are Libraries Rising to the Fair Use Challenge?
- Membership Meeting 2010 (Fall): Fair Use in Research Libraries
- Detailed Responses to Section 108 Working Group Questions
- Copyright Education, Academic Integrity Codes and Fair Use
- Accessibility, The Chafee Amendment, and Fair Use
- In the Matter of Exemption to Prohibition on Circumvention of Copyright Protection Systems for Access Control Technologies: Comments from the Library Associations