This is a code of best practices in fair use devised specifically by and for the academic and research library community. It enhances the ability of librarians to rely on fair use by documenting the considered views of the library community about best practices in fair use, drawn from the actual practices and experience of the library community itself.
A PDF is available here code-of-best-practices-fair-use.pdf
Print copies are also available for $2.00 each plus shipping & handling. Order from ARL Publications.
- Code of Best Practices in Fair Use: Designing the Public Domain
- Code of Best Practices in Fair Use: Fair Use and Research Libraries
- Code of Best Practices in Fair Use: Fair Use and Students
- USPTO Position on Fair Use of Copies of NPL Made in Patent Examination
- Fair Use in Multimedia: Digital Age Copyright
- Letter to Representatives re: H.R. 1201, The FAIR USE Act (Mar. 21, 2007)
- Fair Use in Digital Environments: The Work of the Conference on Fair Use (CONFU)