SPEC Kit 334 surveys ARL member libraries on their activities related to access, management, and archiving of research data at their institutions. The survey explores the organization of research data management services (including a few questions on broader data support services), how they are staffed and funded, and what services they offer and to whom, among other questions. It includes examples of research data policies, data retention policies, data management plan tools, job descriptions, data needs assessment tools, data archive web pages, and staff resources.
This publication is available for purchase in both print and online versions. Download the spec-kit-purchase-options-2013.pdf for complete pricing and purchase options information.
Link to the online SPEC Kit 334 on the ARL Digital Publications website.
- SHared Access Research Ecosystem (SHARE) Proposal
- Library Associations Letter re NAPA Proposal to Charge End-User Fees for FDsys (May 30, 2013)
- ARL Preservation Statistics 2007–2008
- Research Library Issues, no. 282 (2013)
- Using ARL Salary Data to Make the Case for Higher Salaries webcast
- AAU, APLU, ARL Statement on Expanded Public Access to Data
- Membership Meeting 2013 (Spring): Academic Preservation Trust: Why? What? When? and How?