This webcast, held May 21, 2013, examines how to use the ARL Annual Salary Survey beyond the published data. The speakers showcase how libraries have used ARL's custom report services, identify how to demonstrate salary issues that need to be addressed, and discuss strategies leaders have used to make the case for improved salaries. The participants are Carla Stoffle, Dean of Libraries at the University of Arizona; Arnold Hirshon, Associate Provost and University Librarian at Case Western Reserve University; and Jeffrey Trzeciak, University Librarian at Washington University in St. Louis. The webcast is hosted by Martha Kyrillidou, Senior Director of Statistics and Service Quality Programs at the Association of Research Libraries.
This is the second in a series of four webcasts illustrating effective uses of data from the ARL Annual Salary Survey, which reports salaries for more than 12,000 professional positions in ARL libraries in the United States and Canada.
- Membership Meeting 2013 (Spring): Something's Gotta Give! Making Tough Choices on Doing Less with Less
- Membership Meeting 2013 (Spring): Towards Designing an Ecosystem of Change for the Future of the American Research Library
- Membership Meeting 2013 (Spring): Attendance List
- Introduction to Opportunity Assessment Instrument
- Increasing the Effectiveness of Your Scholarly Communications Program Workshop Presentation Slides
- Increasing the Effectiveness of Your Scholarly Communications Program Workshop Handout 2
- Increasing the Effectiveness of Your Scholarly Communications Program Workshop Handout 1
- LibValue: Assessing the Value of E-books to Academic Libraries and Users webcast
- ARL Academic Health Sciences Library Statistics 2010–2011