Two photographers claimed that the inclusion of their photographs in the National Geographic Society's (NGS) CD-ROM version of the NGS magazine violated their copyrights and that the NGS was not exempt under Section 201(c) of the Copyright Act.
- Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios v. Grokster and Jerry Leiber Music v. Grokster: Amicus brief in support of Grokster
- Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios, Inc, v. Grokster, Ltd.: Amicus brief in support of Grokster.
- Greenberg v. National Geographic Society: Amicus Brief in support of National Geographic Society
- American Council on Education, et al. v. Federal Communications Commission: Amicus brief in support of ACE
- In the Matter of Exemption to Prohibition on Circumvention of Copyright Protection Systems for Access Control Technologies: Comments from the Library Associations
- Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act and Broadband Access and Services: Request for Stay
- In the Matter of Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act and Broadband Access and Services