On July 8, 2013, ARL, along with 22 other good-government groups, sent this letter to the US Department of Justice urging Attorney General Eric Holder to make public any reports by Inspector General Michael Horowitz regarding the collection of Americans’ telephone records under Section 215 of the USA PATRIOT Act. If the Office of the Inspector General has not previously conducted a full review of this program, the letter asks it to do so.
- “Reauthorizing the USA Patriot Act: Ensuring Liberty and Security”: A Summary of the Senate Judiciary Committee Hearing
- How “Patriot Act 2” Would Further Erode the Basic Checks on Government Power That Keep America Safe and Free
- Letter to James Sensenbrenner re: Questions about USA PATRIOT Act (July 26, 2002)
- The Search & Seizure of Electronic Information: The Law Before and After the USA PATRIOT Act
- Terrorism: Section by Section Analysis of the USA PATRIOT Act
- Safeguarding our Patrons' Privacy: What Every Librarian Needs to Know About the USA PATRIOT Act & Related Anti-Terrorism Measures