Members of the ARL Committee on Diversity and Leadership have selected 13 master of library and information science (MLIS) students to participate in the 2014–2016 Initiative to Recruit a Diverse Workforce (IRDW) as ARL Diversity Scholars.
Underwritten by ARL member libraries, the Initiative to Recruit a Diverse Workforce offers numerous financial benefits to program participants as well as leadership development provided through the annual ARL Leadership Symposium, a formal mentoring program, career placement assistance, and an ARL research library visit. This program reflects the commitment of ARL members to create a diverse research library professional community that will better meet the challenges of changing demographics in higher education and the emphasis on global perspectives in the academy.
- ClimateQUAL®: Organizational Climate and Diversity Assessment—Call for Participation 2014–2015
- Barbara Dewey Receives Multicultural Leadership Award
- Purdue Hosts 10th Annual Site Visit for ARL Diversity Scholars
- Travel Awards for Underrepresented Professionals Available for Library Assessment Conference 2014—Deadline May 30
- ARL/SAA Mosaic Program Application Deadline Extended
- ARL/Music Library Association Diversity and Inclusion Initiative Call for Applications
- ARL Leadership and Career Development Program Convenes in New York