SPEC Kit 334 surveys ARL member libraries on their activities related to access, management, and archiving of research data at their institutions. The survey explores the organization of research data management services (including a few questions on broader data support services), how they are staffed and funded, and what services they offer and to whom, among other questions. It includes examples of research data policies, data retention policies, data management plan tools, job descriptions, data needs assessment tools, data archive web pages, and staff resources.
This publication is available for purchase in both print and online versions. Download the spec-kit-purchase-options-2013.pdf for complete pricing and purchase options information.
Link to the online SPEC Kit 334 on the ARL Digital Publications website.
- Fall Forum 2011: Changing Landscape: 'New' Digital Norm
- Overview of the ARL/DLF E-Science Institute
- Research Library Issues, no. 262 (Feb. 2009)
- Membership Meeting 2008 (Spring): Bamboo Planning Project
- Membership Meeting 2008 (Spring): Disciplines, Documents, and Data: Roles for Research Libraries in e-Research
- Membership Meeting 2007 (Spring): Strategies for Library Support of Research: Bioinformatics as a Model [session description]