This SPEC Kit explores the configuration and uses of learning spaces in ARL libraries, the developments and transformations that have occurred over the past 10 years, and future plans for learning spaces to determine where they are on a continuum between first-generation information commons and “next-gen” spaces. The publication covers five main areas related to learning spaces:
- What kinds of learning spaces currently exist
- How these spaces have changed since their inception
- Effects these spaces have had on other library operations
- Instruction, programming, and collaboration that take place in the learning spaces
- Current assessment methods for learning spaces and changes that have been made or are planned based on the results of these evaluations
This SPEC Kit includes examples of learning spaces and instruction spaces; floor plans and maps; marketing for spaces, programs, and instruction; space-use policies and procedures; job descriptions and organization charts; and planning and assessment documents.This publication is available for purchase in both print and online versions.
Download the spec-kit-purchase-options-2014.pdf for complete pricing and purchase options information.
Link to the online SPEC Kit 342 on the ARL Digital Publications website.