On November 1, 2013, ARL joined the American Council on Education (ACE) and more than 30 other organizations in a letter to the chairs of the US congressional committee deliberating a budget agreement. The letter states, “as you begin your discussions on a budget agreement for FY14, the higher education associations listed below encourage you to pursue two key goals: 1) eliminating the FY14 sequester reductions; and 2) placing a high priority on the investments that will build our economy in both the short and long term."
- Letter to Dianne Feinstein and Wayne Allard re: FY 2009 funding for the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) (Jun. 19, 2008)
- Letter to Debbie Wasserman Schultz re: Library of Congress (LC) Budget FY2009 (Apr. 4, 2008)
- Letter to Subcommittee on Legislative Branch, Committee on Appropriations re: Government Printing Office (GPO) appropriations request (Apr. 24, 2009)
- Letter to Rosa DeLauro re: FY2009 appropriation for the National Agricultural Library (NAL) (Mar. 20, 2008)
- Letter to Patrick Leahy and Judd Gregg re: in support of the addition of $2 million in the FY 2008 Senate, State, Foreign Operations and Related Program appropriations bill (Oct. 23, 2007)
- Letter to Senate re: opposition to the Senator Inhofe amendments (#3416 and #3417) to the FY 2008 Senate Labor, Health and Human Services and Education and Related Agencies Appropriations bill, S.1710 (Oct. 22, 2007)
- Letter to Norman D. Dicks re: FY2008 budget request for the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) (Apr. 18, 2007)