Statement from ARL and other associations arguing that, while copyright promotes creativity, many of the specific measures adopted or recently proposed to protect copyright in the digital age actually impede innovative technologies and services.
- Letter to Kamil Idris re: World Intellectual Property Organization (Sept. 4, 2003)
- Summary of International Copyright and IP Activities
- In the Matter of Promotion of Distance Education Through Digital Technologies (Docket No. 98-12)
- "The Copyright Infringement Liability Of On-Line And Internet Service Providers" Joint Testimony Of National Library And Educational Organizations Before The United States Senate Committee On The Judiciary
- Letter to Commissioner of Patents and Trademarks re: Diplomatic Conference on Certain Copyright and Neighboring Rights Questions (Nov. 20, 1996)
- Letter to Daniel Tarullo re: concerns regarding the proposed draft treaties under consideration by the World Intellectual Property Organization (W.I.P.O.) (Nov. 19, 1996)
- Intellectual Property: An ARL Statement of Principles