SPEC Kit 336 explores research libraries’ participation in institutional efforts to train faculty, staff, students, and other researchers in the principles of responsible conduct of research (RCR) and ethical research practices. The survey includes questions on the institution’s training activities, on training roles currently undertaken by librarians, and on librarians’ willingness to expand instruction into the arena of responsible conduct of research. The SPEC Kit includes examples of RCR websites, citation management guides, and RCR workshop and tutorial materials, and information about academic integrity and plagiarism, using copyrighted materials, data management, and research animal welfare.
This publication is available for purchase in both print and online versions. Download the spec-kit-purchase-options-2013.pdf for complete pricing and purchase options information.
Link to the online SPEC Kit 336 on the ARL Digital Publications website.
- SPEC Kit 335: Digital Image Collections and Services (August 2013)
- ARL Releases RLI 282 on Library Budgets, Journal Bundles, Reference Staffing
- Research Library Issues, no. 282 (2013)
- ClimateQUAL®: Organizational Climate and Diversity Assessment—Call for Participation 2013
- Research Library Issues, no. 281 (Dec. 2012): Special Issue on Services to Patrons with Print Disabilities
- Better Salaries through Better Data: Webcast Video Online
- Library Assessment Conference 2014 to Convene August 4–6 in Seattle